Sunday, April 21, 2013

My Kind of Group

2/10 Free day! FINALLY!!!!!

I had the privilege of going to the synagogue ruins (an outdoor remains of a synagogue) to read my Bible, where I sat overlooking the green hills and the valley. It was so refreshing. I love doing devotions here! It is so peaceful and so meaningful with not many distractions. It is hard to stop many times!

So, as i titled this my kind of group I just want to say that I was blessed with the most amazing group! We are hysterical and super social. Let me tell you what we did today! We played tackle football guys vs girls which was super fun but as you can guess there is something to it :) We duck taped the guys feet together so that we could actually trip them. It was HILARIOUS! We sure wore them out. It was hilarious to watch and fun to play cause us girls had a chance :) Emily and I were on Ben and we took him out a couple times otherwise we just tried to block him. Justin was the quarter back and I was able to get a few runs on him when he had the ball so that was fun :) Andrew and Daniel were so shocked at how into it I got :)  ha ha At the very, i mean VERY end the guys got a touchdown :)

Afterwards Emily and I left to go do homework. We took homework down to the amphitheater but didn't end up doing it there. The amphitheater is beautiful! The bleachers are made out of rocks with a stage where the top is wood, in complete seclusion, very peaceful. We just sat there awhile and then talked about this blessing of an experience, the captivating land, the history, the fact that people lived like us, that this is where God ruled and sent his Son. Just incredible! I enjoyed it. Then we decided to go exploring down a trail. It was a lot of fun spending time with her and getting to know her.  We ended up going to the library later and doing homework and then in the evening we had a girls movie night in honor of Paige's birthday and we watched Brave :)

2/12
Our Professor came out of class during our break and was completely shocked that the group was all standing in a circle talking together. He said that is and IBEX first. Usually everyone is dispersed doing their own thing. I love this group so much! I am so privileged to get to know them! I wouldn't have gotten to know most of them if it hadn't have been for this trip. So many blessings in this group that i hope to keep in contact with for the rest of my life! Man i'm gunna miss this place a whole lot. I love it here so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment